Monday, December 10, 2018

The Winter Sister by Megan Collins


This was a pleasant surprise in the way it grabbed me from the beginning! I read A LOT, and unfortunately, many books lately haven't been grabbing my attention, or I feel my interest waning a lot of times before I finish. This wasn't the case with The Winter Sister. 

Sylvie admires her sister Persephone and has a modest, but fun childhood, thinking life is pretty good. Sylvie thinks her mother hung the moon, but Persephone has nothing but a list of complaints about their mom, always saying that their mom treats Sylvie better.  Sylvie doesn't understand why Persephone feels this way and just chalks it up to Persephone's attitude. 

Then, one day, Persephone disappears and her boyfriend, Ben is the prime suspect.  I won't go into a whole lot, to avoid spoilers, but the book then skips to when Persephone is an adult and how she copes, or really doesn't cope with what happened to her sister. And, to make matters worse, has to deal with the fallout surrounding her mother's  trouble in coming to terms with what happened so many years before. 

The book is really about what happens when secrets are kept when they shouldn't be and the havoc they can cause on lives for even years to follow. This book releases in February 2019 and I highly recommend it. I noticed this was the authors first book and I look forward to her next story. 

Thank you so much to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me to read an advance copy of this. I really enjoyed it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment