Tuesday, January 8, 2019

An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen




I totally loved the authors' book The Wife Between Us, so I was thrilled to get an ARC from Netgalley.

Jess sneaks into a psychological study and is befriended by the doctor giving the study, Dr. Lydia Shields. Dr. Shields makes Jess feel special and then "extends" the study for Jess' cooperation in other tasks for which she is paid handsomely. Jess has problems so this seems like a dream come true at just the right time. However, what cost will Jess have to pay the more she trusts Dr. Shields? And, who IS Dr. Shields, really?

I wanted to read this automatically without even reading the description on Goodreads because I so enjoyed the authors' first book, I figured this would be just as good. However, I thought it lagged in some places and quite a few times, I found myself thinking, "Who would actually THINK like this?" I just found a lot of parts to be unbelievable and while The Wife Between Us, delivered a twist to me at least, I felt this one did not. Nothing really surprised me, even though I see people on Goodreads praising the twists and turns.

I am actually giving it 2.5 stars because it did keep me interested enough to finish it pretty quickly, however, while this may not have been what I was hoping for, I would still recommend it because I think people will really enjoy it! Releases TODAY January 8, 2019!  Thank you very much, to the publisher and to NetGalley. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment