Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Woman I Was Before by Kerry Fisher






This was a very good story about Sally, Kate and Gisela and their families. They all live in a new development and life seems good. After all, it always is on Facebook and Instagram, right? Kate is holding onto a long time secret, Gisela is struggling with her family dynamics and Sally and her husband, Chris can't agree on major decisions in life. You would never know it from their social media posts. Actually in Kate's situation, her LACK of social media presence raises flags and as the story progressed, the reader is shown that she is hiding from something. 

The book was very creative in how it would describe Gisela's and Sally's photos on social media. It also shows how people try to show a happy,  perfect life online. It made me wonder is it because we feel we have to, or are we jealous of the other posts we see?  Next time you may feel bad about someone's perfect looking life, just remember things aren't always as they seem. Everyone has issues. 

I finished the book very quickly as I really wanted to know what was happening with each woman and how their respective situations would turn out. I thought the book was very well written and creative in the way it was told. However, I wish publishers would stop using the word "twist." I  get excited thinking something is going to jump out at me - something I didn't expect.  Did the women have secrets? Yep. Was it interesting? Absolutely. But, there was no "twist." 

I have read one of the author's other books and I enjoyed that a lot as well. In my opinion , she writes in a very engaging manner. Thank you to NetGalley for the ARC of this book! I enjoyed it! Releases in March 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment