Wednesday, May 15, 2019

The Perfect Son by Lauren North



Tess wakes up in a hospital with a stab wound and has no idea how she got there.  She remembers that it happened on her son, Jamie's birthday and now she doesn't know where he is.  Even worse, she remembers that her husband is dead, killed in a tragic plane crash several weeks prior.  

The story takes the reader back to a little more than a month before Jamie's birthday and alternates between that time and the current time in the hospital, leading up to the actual birthday.  

While I thought the premise was good and the way the story was told was original, I was a little let down by the ending. Well, let me re-phrase that.  The whole idea was good and creative but without giving too much away, I think the ending would have packed a little more punch IF the author hadn't portrayed the main character the way she did with such severity. She ended up getting on my nerves a little.

Overall, I think this book will do well.  It was previously released in the U.K. as The Perfect Betrayal. Releases here August 2019. Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for the copy.  No review was required. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment