Wednesday, October 9, 2019

A Christmas Haven by Cindy Woodsmall and Erin Woodsmall




I was so happy to receive a copy of this from Waterbrook! I absolutely loved the first book about these characters, The Christmas Remedy.  Read my blog about The Christmas Remedy here: Christmas Remedy Blog.

In this story, we see that Holly is still working for Greene's Pharmacy. Holly is granted special permission by her bishop to continue working and pursuing extra education while planning her wedding.  She worries that after she's married, her new husband's bishop (in another district) will forbid her from working because Amish women don't usually work outside the home. 

Meanwhile, her sister, Ivy, is planning to leave her Amish roots to start a party planning business.  She feels that she wants more out of life than milking cows on her family farm and being held to the restrictions of her Amish world.  However, she struggles with the heartbreak she knows will bring her mom and sister. 

Also, we meet brother and sister Arlan and Magda.  Magda is in a very difficult situation and has absolutely no support from her family.  Arlan has always had a special bond with Magda and he is determined to help her.  They meet up with Holly and Ivy's family when an accident happens in front of Greene's pharmacy.  But was it an accident?  Maybe it was the work of God?  I say that because Holly and Ivy and their mom provide compassion and help when that didn't seem to be in the cards for Arlan and Magda. Could divine intervention have put the brother and sister right where they belong? 

This book, at least to me, has taught the importance of trusting and having faith in God ESPECIALLY when things don't seem to be going your way and in times of trouble.  Also in my two cents, these characters seem so real to me and I would LOVE to be able to visit Greene's.  The pharmacy and atmosphere are described so well that I could just really envision it. Oh, and that cover!!! I just think it's beautiful.   I enjoyed spending time with the characters and visiting their little town.   In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing them in a third book.  Hint, hint?  

So, get this book and get in the Christmas spirit early!  You'll really enjoy it!  Thank you to Waterbrook for the copy.  No review was required and all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment