Thursday, April 2, 2020

The Dilemma by B.A. Paris



I  always enjoy a good B.A. Paris book and this one was no exception.   This is the story of Liv and Adam as well as their two kids,  Josh and Marnie, who are now grown.  Liv and Adam had their kids very young and missed out on some things in life, including the big wedding that Liv dreamed of.  

Now that life has moved on and the children have grown, Liv is throwing herself a 40th birthday party.  She says she has been planning this for years and while some may think that seems a little frivolous, Liv admits she also may be subconsciously  making up for the wedding she never had. 

However, Liv is keeping a secret.  It's something she wishes she didn't know about her daughter and doesn't want to tell Adam because she knows the devastation it will bring on him and their tight circle of friends.  In the meantime, Adam is living life normally and helping Liv get her party off the ground.  He wants everything to be perfect for her. 

Then, something happens (not spoiling it here) and now Adam finds himself not wanting to confide in Liv.  Now the couple is at a crossroads with each other and neither of them know it.  What follows is (what I thought ) a roller coaster of emotions and the ramifications of when secrets are kept. 

I really enjoyed this book.  Again, without giving too much away, I found I was holding my breath for a certain outcome.  I know I read some reviews where some people thought there would be no way Adam could have kept what he knows to himself and that it was weird that he did.  However, I feel the author did a good job in describing Adam's motives in doing what he did.  

Thank you to Netgalley for an advance copy of this.  I found myself quickly reading and wanting to get to the bottom of things.  I wish SOME things would have turned out differently, but I thought it was a good read.  Releases June 2020.  All opinions are my own and no review was required. 

No comments:

Post a Comment