Tuesday, August 27, 2024

The Body Next Door by Maia Chance




 


The Body Next Door is a mystery with a storyline that I  really didn't expect. It revolves around Hannah who has what seems to be a picture perfect life but it is about to all come crashing back due to secrets from the past. I was kind of surprised the turn this book took because the description didn't mention the different kind of past that Hannah had.  That was actually refreshing.  I like not knowing all the details going into a story.  

Then, other characters are introduced and for a good part of the book, I was really wondering how they would all connect.  And then, when it did, I was surprised.  I also was surprised at one of the twists when one of those relationships were revealed. 

The author did a great job connecting everything together and I finally got some twists in a book.  Usually, books today promise twists and don't deliver, so I was excited to get some in a story where I wasn't expecting any. I had never heard of this author, and I was happy to see she has written other books. I will definitely be looking into them. 

Thanks to Netgalley and to the publisher. 


No comments:

Post a Comment