Monday, December 30, 2013

Come Home by Lisa Scottoline

Come Home
This book was horrible. If I could give no stars, I would. I had to laugh at another reviewer say that they wanted to throw the book. I wanted to throw it and burn it. If I saw that the main character "say" the word, "honey" or "sweetie" one more time, I really was going to throw the book.

The other dialogue was bad, too. No one talks like the way the characters did. I almost threw up at some of the phrases the author used, like when talking about the one annoying, clueless step daughter "practically fell into [the EX stepmother's] arms." this girl was an adult, not a three year old, for crying out loud. SO dramatic.

The connection that Jill had with two EX step daughters was bizarre. I understand still having a connection, but she seemed obsessed, not to mention obtuse.

I can honestly say this is quite possibly the worst book I have ever attempted to read.

And who had the bright idea of using a kid on the cover running to someone when all three of the kids were actually a lot older?


This blog looks a little different because I had originally just posted this review on www.goodreads.com. However, I received 19 "likes" on it, so I decided to share it here. Any comments or thoughts are appreciated. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment