Monday, April 25, 2016

The Atonement by Beverly Lewis


Well, as you or may not know, depending on if you read my blog or not, Beverly Lewis is one of my "automatic" authors. I read every book that she writes. But, this one may just be my favorite. 

This one focuses on Lucy Flaud, a young Amish woman who is almost past courting age. She fills her days with volunteering and helping those less fortunate. Lucy has a wonderful heart but there is an underlying reason that Lucy fills her days, almost frantically. There is a time in her past where she made a grave mistake...one she can't seem to shake and forgive herself for. Plus, is she destined to make the same mistake again? Or, will she find redemption in her future?

Who CAN'T relate to this? Who has a perfect past? Who DOESN'T have something in their past they would rather forget? Lucy's journey trying to find peace is something I could really relate to. I think we all struggle for peace at some point. The good news is we CAN find peace through faith.

Anyway, I digress. The more I read this story, the more I got into it. I really cared about what happened to Lucy and her family. Like I said, I will read anything Beverly Lewis writes, but this one really resonated with me. Thank you very much to Bethany House for an advance reader copy. I enjoyed it very much. 

No comments:

Post a Comment