Sunday, February 19, 2017

Gone Without a Trace



I have never heard of this author before, but you can bet I will be looking into another book of hers!  I can honestly say this is the most fun I have had with a book in a long time. The premise, without spoiling anything is this: Hannah has it all. A good job, a comfortable home and a loving boyfriend. She goes away for a business trip and is thrilled when her boss hints at an upcoming promotion. Riding high, Hannah returns home only to find her boyfriend,  Matt, is gone. Not only is he gone, every trace of him is missing. All of his belongings, all the artwork he had brought with him that had hung on the walls, everything. And, not only is it gone, all of Hannah's belongings are back in the places they were in before Matt moved in with her. Hannah is stunned and goes to call him only to find that all of her calls, texts and pictures with Matt are gone from her phone. At first, I thought, he didn't exist in the first place, but Hannah calls her best friend and tells her Matt is gone and from that point on, it is evident that he DID exist and a true mystery ensues. I think I yelled at loud once or twice, "What is going ON here?" It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed it thoroughly. And, let me just say the ending isn't your typical tie it up a bow, all is well scenario. I HIGHLY recommend this book. Go have fun with it! Thank you to Penguin Read It First program for the advance copy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment