Monday, June 10, 2013

The Winnowing Season-Book 2 in the Amish Vines and Orchards Series by Cindy Woodsmall


Waterbrook Multnomah provided me with a copy of this book on the condition I provided a review. I was very excited to pick this one. I am a huge fan of Amish fiction. I find that it is a relaxing change of pace to read an Amish or Christian fiction book. Sometimes you just need to clear the cobwebs out of your head and I think this type of book is the way to do it. 

This book is the sequel to the first book in the series,  A Season for Tending  and starts with a short synopsis of that book. This book is the sequel to A Season For Tending.  I love other Amish authors and read a lot of books in this genre. However, I promised an honest review. I could not finish this book. I finished about six and half chapters. Being an avid reader, if I am enjoying a book, I will finish it in a few days. I could not bring myself to read anymore. I think it was because I found some of the characters annoying and I found myself not really concerned about what happened to them. I also felt some of the dialogue sounded forced. That being said, that part may be my fault because this book is a second in the series and I did not read the first one. However, don't let this stop anyone from reading it--there is a short synopsis of the first book is in the beginning of the book. I feel bad that I didn't like this book, but that will not stop me from trying other books from the same author.  

No comments:

Post a Comment