Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Alphabet Weekends by Elizabeth Noble



Hello! 

This week at the beach I have been reading two books. The first is Alphabet Weekends by Elizabeth Noble. I read one other book by this author called   When You Were Mine, and I enjoyed it. So, when I went back looking for other books by this author, this plot caught my eye. 

Tom and Natalie have been friends their whole life. While Natalie is satisfied with the way things are with him,  Tom is in love with Natalie and probably always has been.  She, on the other hand, fell in love with Simon but after it turned into a one sided relationship, she was left brokenhearted.

Tom sees his chance and tells Natalie that he can prove they would be great together if  she would give him the opportunity.  He proposes an idea of 26 different activities, each one beginning with a letter of the alphabet. 

Not only is the book about Natalie and Tom, we also meet Tom's brother, Patrick and his wife, Lucy who are going through a rough patch of their own. And to make matters even more sticky during their trying time, Lucy finds herself attracted to her friend Marianne's husband, Alec. 

We also get a glimpse into the marriage of Natalie's parents, Nicholas and Anna. Anna is struggling with depression and it is taking a toll on her family and while they have that to deal with, another event happens to turn their lives around as well. 

As they move through the alphabet, Tom and Natalie cultivate and grow their relationship. Will Tom emerge triumphant and win Natalie's love? Will Lucy and Alec act upon the attraction they feel? What will happen to a good book?

I hope that if you read the book, you enjoy it as much as I did. Let me know! Leave your comments below. Follow me on Goodreads at http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4244227-deana to find out what is on my reading list and to see other reviews. 

The other book that I am reading at the beach this week is Amy, My Daughter, by Mitch Winehouse. It is a  father's story about his daughter, Amy Winehouse, the talented but troubled signer. That will be my next review and blog, so check back soon! 

Thank you for reading--Hope you are enjoying whatever you are currently reading! xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment