Friday, August 3, 2018

Road to Paradise by Karen Barnett



So, this blog is about Road to Paradise by Karen Barnett. This is the first book I have ever read by Karen Barnett and it won't be my last. Can we swoon over this cover first? Look how amazing the colors are! And, the picture in general! How great is that? 

This says it is a vintage national parks novel, but I was told they are just fine as stand alones. This one is about Margie, a wealthy senator's daughter who is used to luxury and privilege. However, Margie's heart lies with her faith and with nature. 

With an arrangement from her father, unbeknownst to Margie, she is placed in a position to work in the park overlooked by Mount Rainier. Margie is enthralled with  nature and the mountain. She feels very close to God in the park and takes comfort in being in the presence of God's artistry. 

Her supervisor, Ford Brayden, is skeptical of Margie and feels that she is out of her league in the park. As time goes on and she spends time with Ford, she is alarmed that Ford doesn't share her faith in God, mainly due to a tragedy that happened in Ford's life. Margie wants to change his view, which is turning out to be a lot harder than she had hoped. 

Margie is battling troubles of her own. She is being harassed by Philip Carmichael who thinks that Margie owes him more than she does. He feels that he is entitled to a relationship with her based on their shared past. He also does not take her faith or love of the outdoors and flowers seriously. All Margie wants is to be left alone to work in and enjoy the park. 

Margie is greatly tested when she has to go up against Philip who is threatening the life she loves.  Can Ford and Margie overcome their issues while helping each other and by relying on God?

I really liked this book. First of all, I felt the premise and the setting was very original. And, I have said this multiple times in my other posts, but I so love a book that makes me me want to learn something new, something that makes me want to look up more information on the internet. In this case, this book made me want to know more about national parks. 

I definitely recommend this book if you like Christian fiction. It was original and Ms. Barnett used beautiful imagery to really bring the park to life for the reader. 

 Thank you so much to NetGalley and the publisher for a copy. All opinions are my own. 

Have you read it? Comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment