Sunday, January 27, 2019

The Hiding Place by C.J. Tudor





WHAT THE WHAT!?! Okay, I'm sorry. Let me calm down (lol). I mean this in a good way, so bear with me. 

There is a book on my list of books I have read in this life that "scared" me and that was a book I read many, many years ago called Hellfire by John Saul. I remember reading that and glancing around me while reading as if something was going to jump out at me. 

Well, here is book number two on my list. I don't even know where to begin. First, I have to admit that this is usually not my typical genre, but I read Tudor's first book, The Chalk Man and really enjoyed that. So, I was excited to see she had another book coming out. Secondly, I enjoy a LOT of books but only a few stick with me. I have mentioned in my other blogs that when I read I am automatically imagining what I am reading. I've always done it. I don't do it on purpose, it just happens, and while reading this, I felt like I was "seeing" a well done horror movie. Also, once again, a few times, I glanced around the room in unease while reading. 

This story centers around the disappearance of Joe's sister Annie when they were young. The slogan on the book says, "The worst day of his life wasn't when his sister went missing. It was the day she came back." WELL, to me that didn't mean what I thought it was going to. Plus, the book is about a lot more. Childhood memories, regrets, secrets, addictions, trying to make amends and more! 

Come on, now! What more can you want in a book? It was a lot of fun being creeped out and also flipping pages to find out what in the world was happening. I highly recommend this read even if this isn't usually your thing. It usually isn't mine and I had a great time reading it. Thank you to NetGalley for the advance copy. Get yours February 5, 2019! 










No comments:

Post a Comment