Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Thrive in Retirement by Eric Thurman



Let me start by saying I rarely, if ever read a non-fiction or self help book. However, I am glad I read this one. 

I am an "odd" retiree. Whereas most people retire in their 60's and 70's, I semi retired at 42. I worked for local government where there was a 20 year service retirement. It was not required to retire, but conditions were bad and I got out as soon as I could. Today I am 4 years into that retirement at 46 years old. I became an independent contractor and work part time. 

I was greatly surprised at some of the information in this book. There are a lot of things that I haven't even THOUGHT about. 

The author discusses how important staying active in retirement is. He mainly focuses on three P words: purpose, pleasure and peace. 

He also addresses finances, spiritual life, working later in life, the importance of maintaining relationships and finding what works for each individual person.  Then, he shows how to apply the three p words to each area. 

Even though it might be depressing, there is even important information about end of life preparations. There are even helpful links and documents in the book to use as a guideline on what needs to be done. 

This was a good read and written in a way that is easy to understand. I highly recommend it. It is full of information that people need to know. Thank you to WaterBrook for this opportunity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment